“Education is not received, It is achieved” With this motto Electrical Engineering Department has been established in year 2010 with the vision to convey practical knowledge in co-ordination with various Electrical industries & Power sector companies. Department is persistently committed to enhance technical knowledge along with ethical values of the students to make them ready for the competitive world. With highly qualified & experienced faculties department has consistently tried to update itself for the constantly changing industrial needs, skills and challenges emerging out of new research also ensuring the best academic results from the students. Department is well equipped with 18 laboratories namely Elements of Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Workshop, Circuits and Networks, Electrical Machines (DC Machines & Transformer, AC Machines), Analog Electronics and Digital Electronics, Power System Protection, Control System Engineering, Power Electronics, Electronic Measurement and Measuring Instruments ,High Voltage Engineering, Elements of Electrical Design & Engineering Machine Design, Microprocessor and Microcontroller ,Advanced Power Electronics ,Advanced Power System ,Interconnected Power System ,Industrial Instrumentation ,Computer Lab, Project Lab. All the laboratories are well equipped with latest instruments & equipments which are updated on regular basis which leads students to realize theory aspects intensely.
Electrical Engineering Department
To establish a holistic teaching-learning ecosystem with a vision to create competent Electrical technocrats with ethical values contributing for sustainable growth of society and the nation.
- To ensure effective and efficient teaching methods with technical excellence for sound fundamentals.
- To impart technical skill through effective practical work and Vocational Training.
- To use modern tools and technology for better correlation of theory with practices.
- To develop creative, dynamic technocrats and entrepreneurs.
Program Educational Objectives
- To be able to solve complex electrical problems by acquiring good practical knowledge with modern tools and technology in the field of electrical engineering and be able to use electrical measuring instruments, components, equipments covered in curricular effectively and safely.
- To be able to apply academic knowledge and principal in real world ethically, formulate the observed phenomena.
- To be competent by mastering practical based technical knowledge of various electrical engineering fields along with communication skills to face and succeed in competitive entrance exams.
- To show good attitude and work ethics and lead by example. They are expected in making a good work environment by showing good team work skills. Understand and operate modern electrical system and satisfy need of profession.
- To develop skill and competency to become good service & product provider entrepreneur and exhibit good moral with ethical values and work towards betterment of society and be aware of social responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Learn and adopt new technological changes taken place in international market to create a new career path as an entrepreneur.
- Describe, analyse, implement and test on different electrical equipment utilized in power generation, power transmission and distribution system.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility with effective communication.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyse and interpret data for final production methods.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve realistic electrical problems in operation of electrical (multi disciplinary) machines, equipments and components.