The department has an excellent industrial interaction and contributes to the industry by regular interaction and sharing knowledge and ideas. Keep itself up to date with the latest development and trends in the field and with dedicated faculty of highly qualified and experienced members in all streams of mechanical engineering. The department has developed laboratories for Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Metallurgy, Fluid power Engineering, Mechanical Measurements & Metrology, Internal Combustion Engine, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Production Technology, Heat and Mass Transfer, Dynamics of Machine, CAD/CAM, Automobile engineering with well-equipped workshop.
Mechanical Engineering Department
The department has also updated the laboratory as per requirement. For the overall development of students, department conducts regular basis expert talks, industrial visits and seminars/STTP/LTTP/Workshop of relevant subjects. As part of advancement, department has signed MOU with PTC University. USA and developed “Authorized Training Centre (ATC) for CREO 3.0”. Till date nearly 170 students are certified as CREO for Design Engineer by the ATC.
To establish a holistic teaching-learning eco-system with a vision to generate quality Mechanical Engineering professionals to contribute for economic growth of the society and the nation.
- To ensure effective and efficient teaching methods for sound fundamentals.
- To impart technical skill through effective collaboration and specialized Training.
- To use modern equipments, software and technology for effective learning.
- To develop creative dynamic technocrats, entrepreneurs and leaders.
Program Educational Objectives
- Potential to apply the basic and advanced knowledge of Mechanical Engineering along with inter-disciplinary subjects to build a successful career.
- To inculcate proficiency skills/trainings among students to excel either in higher education or mechanical industries.
- Ability to identify, develop and engage in contemporary engineering practices with modern tools to solve engineering related issues.
- To exhibit confidence, motivation & innovative ideas to complex problems to become an entrepreneur/leader.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Ability to solve real life problems of an industry using modern CAD/CAM tools.
- Develop the skill to examine raw materials, fabricated parts and finished products of an industry using Non-destructive testing (NDT).